Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 Christmas Festivities: Day Two

Christmas Eve

The first half of the day was spent doing some last minute grocery shopping, cleaning, and some food prep.

At about 6PM-ish, John and I decided to stop the madness and have some "us" time.

Good call -- it was the calm before the Christmas Day storm!

I made hot crab dip -- a recipe that I've had for umpteen years from a college friend, Meg. I have the actual recipe written on a scrap of paper somewhere (translation -- I don't know where!), so I cook it from memory and I'll write it here from memory.

Hot Crab Dip

2 bars cream cheese
2 cans crabmeat
slivered almonds (I eyeball it -- enough to give the dip some crunch)
onion (I eyeball this, too -- maybe 1/2 cup?)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all of the above in an oven safe dish. (Use your hands to mix -- it's therapeutic!)
Bake for 30 minutes or until it begins to bubble/brown on top.

Serve with Fritos Scoops!

NOTE: I generally make this for just John and I so I half the recipe and it's a perfect amount for the two of us.

We dined on this and a lovely cocktail that I found on Pinterest! (Where else?)

Poinsettia Cocktail (it's the Mimosa's cranberry cousin!)

3 oz (splash) of cranberry juice
1 oz (smaller splash) of Cointreau (OK people, Cointreau is REALLY expensive, so we used some rip off orange liqueur. Worked totally fine.)

Pour these into a champagne flute and top off with champagne. (We used sparkling wine.)

Eh voila. Very tasty. Very potent.




While eating and drinking, we took in a movie in the comfort of our living room.

"2 Days in New York"



Yeah, let's just say that the movie was not nearly as good as the dip & drinks. Weird. Very weird. French weirdness. I'll just leave it at that.

Regardless, we had a lovely evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment