Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Christmas Festivities (The Day AFTER!)

December 26th

I always say I'm going to go shopping on "Black Friday" (day after Thanksgiving), but it never comes to fruition. I'm always too tired!

So, this year I decided to take the 26th off and make it my own version of "Black Friday." It worked out rather well, as Grace needed to go to her program, so she needed a lift fairly early. I was up and out of the house by 8AM!

After dropping her off, I headed up to Salem, NH (strip mall mecca) and made a beeline for HomeGoods. I love getting cards & wrapping paper there! They were out of wrapping paper, but I was able to get four boxes of Christmas cards for a total of $11!




I then popped over to Annie's Hallmark. I had JUST missed the event that gave an extra 10% off (by about 20 minutes), but I was still able to get some good deals.

The cards I'd just purchased moments before weren't enough, so I got yet another box. I also got a Holiday Address book. The Christmas Card Address book I have now has seen much better days, so I decided to springs for a new one. (These were 40% off original price.)



Now comes the fun stuff! Not only does Annie's sell Hallmark stuff, but they also sell Vera Bradley! Danger, danger -- I could spend all of my Christmas loot there! Of course I tend to shop off of the retired/being phased out/40% off rack. Look what I stumbled upon? A new laptop bag!
Mine -- all mine!



Next I hopped over to TJ Maxx and grabbed about five rolls of Christmas wrapping paper. (I'd bought a bunch last year at a store that will remain nameless and it ended up being crap. Tossed it.)

Kohl's was next. I got myself a new robe. I know what you're thinking -- "Um, she got a new robe for Christmas." Well, I got a comfy fuzzy robe. I require two robes. (Crazy, I know.) I like to have an absorbent towel-like robe when getting out of the shower (wet comfy fuzzy robe= weirdness.) It's a Turkish robe -- nothing fancy.

Then I picked up this Christmas dish (because, you know, we need one more.) Enjoy this sucky photo.

 
 
I then headed to Target. Got two more boxes of Christmas cards. (YES, I know...I might have a slight problem when it comes to buying Christmas cards.) Got two more rolls of Christmas wrapping paper. (Yes, yes, I know...) I'd tell you that I got some Christmas cocktail napkins & cocktail plates, but then I'd have to join the witness protection program...from my husband. (Let's just say that due to my mother-in-law's generosity, we could open our own holiday paper plate/napkin store.) I probably didn't need to buy those at Target...
 
Hopped on Rte. 495 and went one exit south to Burlington Coat Factory (nothing of any note there) and to Marshall's. Jackpot at Marshall's!!!
 
I got a new hamper for the bedroom (which I've commandeered as my own). It fits the style of our bedroom perfectly! As you know, you generally only find one of everything at Marshall's, but if I see another one, I'm scooping it up for John!
 
 

 
 
 
I also snagged some shower curtain hooks for the brand new shower curtain that I bought a week or so ago. (Even though it wasn't part of this Black Friday shopping excursion, I'll still grant you a photo.)
 


All in all, a succesful day, wouldn't you say?

To top it all off, later that afternoon, John, John, and I went to see Lincoln.


 
 
 
I was very tired from my shopping excursion so I dozed off during the first 20 or so minutes (as did the person sitting to my left...) I get the feeling that it was one of those movies that I'm supposed to think was awesome/amazing. It was good.
 
There, I said it. It was "good." Daniel Day Lewis was GREAT. The others? Eh. I'm sure I'm in the minority.

No comments:

Post a Comment