Thursday, January 3, 2013

Welcome 2013!

John and I celebrated New Year's Eve in a fairly low-key fashion -- food, movies, sparkling wine & the ball dropping.

We decided that we would just do low maintenance appetizers for our meal. Here's the spread:




At 12 o'clock, we have John's Poinsettia. At about 2:30/3:00 in the middle, we have Parisian bread with butter. At about 4:00 in the middle, we have my Little Penguin Chardonnay. At 6:00, we have strawberries, watermelon, and pineapple. From 8:00-9:00, we have Colby-Jack cheese, crackers, and a Sun-Dried Tomato Feta Spread. At 10:00, we have the piece de resistance -- Hot Pepper Jelly Kielbasa Appetizer. I was shopping in Stonewall Kitchen recently and picked up some hot pepper jelly in the hopes that we'd put it out with cream cheese as an appetizer on Christmas. Totally forgot it. So, came across this recipe and it's SO easy and a tasty take on plain old kielbasa. Highly recommend!

We decided to watch the movie "Drive" based on the recommendation of my stepson.



I texted him after it was done and said, "Were you drinking when you watched this?" It was just plain WEIRD. Very little dialogue. Longgggggg bouts of silence. Odd, just odd. John and I just kind of looked at each other when it was over and were like, "Ok...."

We figured it could only get better from there and since it was still fairly early, we decided to watch another movie. A baseball movie. Clint Eastwood. Amy Adams. Has to be better, right?



I'm pretty sure that "Trouble with the Curve" was Movie Studio B's counter to "Moneyball" by Movie Studio A. I really like Amy Adams and I love baseball, but this movie just didn't have "it." It was definitely better than "Drive" but still not two thumbs up. I'd say one thumb up.

We had our traditional sparkling wine in the toasting flutes that we used at our wedding (awwww) and watched the ball drop.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I had high hopes for Trouble with the Curve. I've not seen Moneyball. I will probably still cry in Trouble with the Curve, because I almost cried watching the previews.

    ReplyDelete