Saturday, June 28, 2008

I hate Lowe's

We went tonight to order new kitchen appliances. I had done the research so I knew which ones we wanted. I had the model #s written down and so I thought it would be pretty straightforward. Boy was I wrong.

They were having 10% off of all appliances. Apparently the computer wasn't automatically taking the 10% off, so the person that entered the order had to manually deduct the 10% using a calculator and then enter the adjusted price. Of course that required a manager's override. We wanted the stainless-look appliances and the salesperson started charging us for the stainless steel ones. We had to keep correcting him.

We go up to the customer service desk to pay. The cashier asks if we'd like to open a Lowe's card and get 10% off. We say we've already gotten 10% off, would we get another 10% off? OH YES, he says. Meanwhile, he passes us off to another cashier. We fill out the application. Some message comes up on the computer after the cashier enters our application. She calls the credit department and they say they need to speak with me. They then proceed to start asking me multiple choice questions about my credit history.

"Which of the following car models have you had a loan on?" "Which address did you previously live at?" "How tall does your driver's license say you are?" Luckily, I chose the right answers and we get approved.

The cashier then completes the sale. John says that he doesn't think the total is right. We get to the car to review and sure enough, they didn't give us the additional 10% off of all of the appliances. Only one. What the...

We go back in. She says she'll have to cancel the sale and re-enter, but our credit limit on the Lowe's card won't allow it. She says she'll call headquarters and get it worked out and call us tomorrow.

The phone rings ten minutes after we get home. It's the guy from the appliance department asking ME why I told the cashier he said we could have an additional 10% off. ???????? After I straighten him out and tell him that's NOT what I told the cashier, I tell him to transfer me to her. She says they can't give us the additional 10% off and she's cancelled the whole order. WHAT????????

John calls back and gives them HELL. They insist they can't give us the full additional 10% off and the cashier never should have said that, he's been spoken to, blah blah. They finally agreed to reinstate the order with the partial additional 10% off.

I fully expect we'll get a white fridge, a black microwave, and a camping stove. (The dishwasher is another blog entry for another time). Here's what we're 'supposed' to get:





No comments:

Post a Comment