Fifteen plus years ago it was incredibly stressful to choose a car and thought of making such a huge purchase gave me the hives. Well, you'll be happy to know that not much has changed! Feeling pretty nervous about the whole thing. BUT, I cannot avoid it forever.
Based on "paper," i.e., Consumer Reports, I've narrowed it down to six models I'm interested in test driving. Do you have any experience with any of these? If so, I'd love to hear about it -- the good and the bad.
Here are the six models (in no particular order, well OK...who are we kidding, thanks to the librarian in me, they're in alphabetical order):
1. Honda CR-V: I really like the 2011 model in terms of aesthetics and they've gone and redesigned the 2012 model, which from pictures I don't like as much, but I'll reserve judgment until I see in person.
2. Hyundai Tucson: Loving the Chai Bronze color.
3. Kia Sportage
4. Nissan Rogue
5. Subaru Forester: Worried about it looking too much like a station wagon?

6. Toyota RAV4






I once had to rent a car while mine was in the shop. They gave me the Kia Sorrento and I loved it. It's a bit bigger than the Sportgage though. Our primary car is our Ford Edge and I have to say in the four years we've owned it, we've not had to do a thing other than maintenance. If I had to choose one of the models you've posted, it would be the CR-V. The Toyota is nice, but the last time we looked at them (2008) we were very disappointed. The Subaru will go for 200k+ miles but there will be things you will have to fix to get it there. Some of them also have transmission issues, which can be costly and ALWAYS seem to happen when the warrantee is up.
ReplyDeletePersonally, and by the advice of my mechanic husband, I would stay away from the Hyundai and the Rogue.
Depending on your budget, and comfort level, you may want to take a look at the Honda Pilot.
Of course, there is always the Camaro! HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Happy car shopping...
You know we're the Nissan family. FIL/MIL have the Rogue, I think 2010. FIL is a mechanic. Out of all the Nissan's in the family, there hasn't been any big problems. There are some brands that FIL frowns upon but from your list, I don't think it's any of them. I like the Rogue cause it's small yet big enough.
ReplyDelete