Sunday, January 29, 2012

News Flash RE: Countdown to 40

So, I've been doing these posts where I'm basically reliving five years of my life at a time through photos. I've covered the first fifteen years of my life, so far.

You know what I figured out? I'll tell you what I figured out.

I think making a big deal about a countdown to something that seemed 'final' or the 'end of the road' was freaking me out. Yes, that's right. I had to be talked down a few times and reminded that turning 40 is not the 'finish line' for this countdown. The 30's were the best decade of my life so far and I was beginning to worry that the 40's wouldn't be just as great or even better.

So, I've tabled the countdown. Or, rather, I've renamed it. I'll pick it up again and rename the series of posts, "Celebrating 40 and Beyond By Looking Back."

No pressure for me to have relived all 40 years in photos/blog posts by February 3rd (because it sure as heck isn't happening.). I can do it at my leisure. I have plenty of time, because I'll be 40 for a whole year...and more if that's what I tell my mind and body!

That ends this news flash. Carry on with your regularly scheduled blog reading.

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember turning 10. Turning 20 was exciting cause it seemed like not an adult. 30 I wasn't looking that forward to. That's all I can say for now.
    But you know what I've heard and I do believe? Life is what you make of it. It doesn't matter what age you're at.

    ReplyDelete