Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Countdown to 40: Years 1-5

Eeek!!! 4 weeks, 2 days and I'm 40 -- still enough time to be in denial.

According to the ever reliable Wikipedia, here's what happened IN ADDITION to me being born on February 3rd, 1972:

  • The 1972 Winter Olympics opened in Sapporo, Japan, with 1,006 athletes from 35 nations marching in the opening ceremony at Makomanai Stadium. Schoolboy Hideki Takada lit the Olympic flame.
  • The United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) issued new rules for cable television in the United States. American systems had to carry at least 20 channels (including a Public-access television). The reform opened the door for new cable television networks.
  • "Tutankhamen's curse" claimed another victim nearly 3,300 years after the death of the boy pharaoh (1324 BC). As King Tut's mask was being placed on a plane to be taken from Cairo to Paris, the museum's Director of Antiquities, Gamal Mehrej, died.
Some exciting stuff, eh?

1972:
Four days old -- probably my first photog. Photogenic, eh?


August 1972: Here I am at my great aunt T.'s & great uncle A's.


August 1972: First professional picture.


1973:
February 3, 1973: First birthday! Raggedy Ann was "in". With my uncle B.


unknown month 1973: I'm making the leap that this is from 1973, as I'm wearing the same dress as in the picture above. Check out my bling -- necklace, bracelet, ring. Clearly the photographer tried to foster my basketball playing abilities, but it didn't work out for him/her.


June 1973: Family photo.

 

1974:
I'm making the leap that this is from 1974. I'm sure my mom will let me know if I'm wrong...


1975:
This could be 1976. Either way, my disdain is clear for Santa.


Another guesstimate on the year. This photo has a story behind it. My nana took me to J.C. Penney to get my picture taken as a surprise for my parents. First thing I do when I see my mom? Spill the beans.




1976:
July 1976: Fort Ticonderoga, NY


Year is unclear (don't you hate it when photos aren't labeled?)

Definitely 1976. In front of my mom's prized possession -- Fiat Spider.


1 comment:

  1. You need to post your high school senior year portrait picture. It is almost the exact same as the second to last picture on your blog...where your head is on your hands....

    ReplyDelete