Sunday, January 8, 2012

Countdown to 40: Years 6-10

We're talking 1977-1981. Kindergarten through fourth grade.  We're talking the Blizzard of '78, Voyager space exploration, release of Pac Man, and Ronald Reagan being shot.

1977:
Sketchy guess on the date, but since it's one of my fave photos of all time, I'm adding it! This is my granddad and me, ready for the pool! (Check out the old school floaties.) I used to refuse to jump into the pool and he'd offer to pay me a $1 to jump. Yeah, I ended up doing it most of the time.


Kindergarten school picture. (This is just the first turtleneck you'll see in a loooonng line of them!):

Another guesstimate on the year. Yes, this is a letter from Santa. No, I didn't catch on that it was really my mom disguising her handwriting.


1978:
St. Patrick's Day 1978 -- Everyone in my kindergarten class was Irish for the day!


Kindergarten graduation. I remember I LOVED this dress. It had a fake little rose pinned to the neckline.


First grade Halloween parade. I'm the ladybug.




1979:
Second grade school picutre. It's personally one of my faves. (Too bad you can't see my red kilt, knee sock, and Buster Brown's!)


My only first cousin T. & I at my Grandma & Papa's house:



1980:
Third grade picture. (If it wasn't a turtleneck, it was an Izod velour sweater.)


Third grade passport. I was going far!



1981:
Fourth grade picture. The printed turtlenecks were all the rage back then. I'm willing to bet I was wearing purple corduroys to match.



No comments:

Post a Comment