Sunday, July 22, 2012

Eau de Horse Dung

Have you ever sat around thinking up new scents for perfumes and thought that one that smelled like horse dung might be just the ticket to you being a millionaire? If so, I have bad news for you.

Someone else has already beat you to the punch.

Before I get to that, however, let me back up.

My husband's and my house abuts a state forest. Therefore, we see lots of wildlife, i.e., rabbits, beavers, deer. We see lots and then there are even more that we don't see...that come out under cover of night.

And do some serious damage.

Look what Bambi and her friends have done to our Hostas:


Yeah, go ahead and laugh (my Mom did).

They're completely stripped of their leaves (minus a few in the forefront of the photo that apparently Bambi missed.)

We have an entire row of these that look this way. Nice.

Not only have they been feasting on the Hostas, but they apparently like Choleus, as well.





It's depressing, to say the least.

Our neighbor that lives across the street popped over yesterday and we brought up the plundering and she mentioned that she has something that she sprays on her plants so that deer, voles (WTF are voles?), groundhogs, and other vermin won't eat the leaves as appetizers.

She said she'd let us borrow it, but noted that it smelled "bad."

Excuse me, but did you say, "Bad?"

While spraying it I had to put my t-shirt over my face and I still felt as though I was going to gag. It was as if I'd jumped headfirst into a pile of horse sh*t. Yup, that's right.

John was downwind and he took one look at me and said, "I'd rather have the deer eat our plants than smell that crap."

Here's the perfume:


The description of this product on Arbico Organics is "All natural ingredients but repulsive to vermin and other undesirables."

Um, are humans undesirables or vermin???

I just looked at the active ingredients and I'm wondering if this should be renamed, "Witches' Brew."
  • Dried blood
  • Putrescent whole egg solids
  • Garlic oil
Damn, this stuff could be used to ward off Satan himself.

So, if looking for a unique scent that will repel humans, vermin, undesirables, pariahs, demons, etc..., you've found it.

Just don't spray it on your wrists until I'm approximately 50 miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment