Friday, July 27, 2012

Latest & [Not So] Greatest (?)

1.  Today was trash day. We put a barrel out that one of the wheels was broken off of. We put a sign on it saying, "PLEASE TAKE BARREL -- BROKEN." The trash collectors took the barrel. They left the lid. WTF?


2. I made these Chewy Butterscotch Brownies the other night and they didn't come out nearly as good I'd hoped. I either did something wrong or chewy is a misnomer. It's a bummer, but even though they're not stellar, we're still eating them. Of course. One can't throw away perfectly "acceptable" baked goods, can one?




3. It's supposed to be a rainy weekend here in New England. At first I was bummed to hear that, but *perhaps* it will be the kick in the pants I need to clean this place up. (I said *perhaps.*)


4. I need to do an update on my 40 Before 41 endeavor. There are actually a few more things that I can cross off my list (or at least partially cross off.)


5. I need to do my next "50 States? 50 Blogs!" entry. I've recently joined BlogHer and found a few good ones for Colorado -- now it's just a matter of choosing.


6. Speaking of Colorado, words can't describe how horrific the shootings at the Aurora movie theater were. I just can't even imagine what it must have been like to be in that theater. Those who survived are lucky, but won't be without some serious scars.


7. In my addicted to Essie post, I mentioned I'd bought Lilacism but hadn't yet tried it. I did and I think it's my favorite of the four colors I own! This picture doesn't really do it justice, but it's a very soft (yet not pale) lilac. (Oh, and there'll be a separate post coming about these misfit shoes.)





8. I haven't really updated on Weight Watchers, so I'll take the time to do it now. My first "official" weigh-in was on June 4th. Since then, I've officially lost 15.2 lbs, with only one week not having a loss (at the last weigh-in, I'd gained 1 lb.). (I say "officially" because not only am I weighing in at my weekly at work meeting, I weigh at home, too. Hey - clothes make a difference!) I'm pretty proud of my progress, although I'm in a slight rut already. I've become slightly lax about tracking my points and I've been OK with go over each day and getting a cookie at lunch time. But, if I've learned anything, it's just that I need to keep going.


9. Speaking of ruts, the Red Sox are in a big one. I say I won't watch, but I always do. If you were born in New England, it's a cross you have to bare. ::sigh::


10. I've leave you with this (words to live by):





No comments:

Post a Comment