Monday, July 23, 2012

Happy 4th of July -- 19 Days Late



Did everyone have a great 4th of July? At this point, can you even remember what you did for the 4th?

I'm several days late and several dollars short, but thought I'd post some photos I took on the 4th. (Hey look...there's my reflection in the photo above.)
It was just John & I, so we kept it fairly low key.

John had watched a Bobby Flay episode on Food Network where he had made Cornell Chicken and wanted to try it. Despite the fact that we made several trips to the grocery store the day before and the day of the 4th, we continually forgot to buy the chicken. One final trip and we did get it. Here it is pre-grill (the remainder of the spice rub is in the front bowl and the basting/dipping sauce is in the back bowl):


It was very tasty! If you like rosemary, you'll LOVE this.

For a side we, let me rephrase that, I had Summer Macaroni Salad with Tomatoes & Zucchini. It was delish! It's from Skinnytaste, which my friend V. recommended. There are so many great recipes on the site AND if you're doing Weight Watchers, it's even better, because she gives PointsPlus information for each one! I wasn't sure how I'd like this, as it uses Greek yogurt rather than a lot of mayo (you still do use mayo), but I couldn't tell the difference! NOTE TO SELF: Half the recipe next time...otherwise you'll be able to feed an army.



We also had popovers! John loves popovers and at a Weight Watchers meeting, my leader had mentioned that popovers have fewer points, as they're airier (is that a word?) So, I bought a box of King Arthur popover mix and gave it a whirl. They weren't bad!


All in all, a successful eating day on the 4th!

1 comment:

  1. I love Skinny Taste! A ton of my recipes come from there.

    ReplyDelete