Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The First Step Is Admitting You Have a Problem

Hello.
My name is KT and I'm an Essie-aholic.
I've purchased four Essie nail polishes over the past three months.
Before that, I hadn't purchased four nail polishes over the last three YEARS.

I think that qualifies me as an Essie-aholic. I don't know what it is -- I'm just drawn to their colors.

The first one I bought was "Lapiz of Luxury." I bought this right before I went to Florida -- seems appropriate, right??? Plus, Essie's website refers to it as "a dreamy ocean blue." That's pretty much dead on. (FYI: I'm having deja vu -- I feel like I wrote about this already, but can't seem to find the post.)



It's a lot lighter in person (which you may or may not be able to see due to my pale washed out legs....)



Nah...you can't tell from this photo. When it's on it's a bit softer.

The second one I bought was "Turquoise & Caicos." Now I KNOW I did write about this one. This was my Pamper Me Friday Night post. Essie's website refers to this one as "a flirty and pretty tropical aqua." I think I bought it because I wished I was in the Turks & Caicos.

I took this picture from Beauty.com and it's a lot truer to the actual color. (The picture from the Essie website is darker green, similar to that of above.)


If you read the other post, you already saw it live and in person, but here it is again, for those that have a feet fetish. (Or simply missed it the first time.)




For my next purchase, I had wanted a peachy color...not Halloween in June. The name should've tipped me off -- "Fear or Desire." It was the only orangey one in the store and I kept thinking, "It can't really be THAT bright orange." The Essie website categorizes this one as "a bright, orange crush." Again, wish I'd read that before making the purchase. It was basically like a bottle of Orange Crush soda had spilled on my toenails.


Those of you who saw my Twilight Zone Thursday post, saw this baby in living color. Let me jog your memory -- this was the day I wore two different shoes.


 
Awful. Just awful. If you're going to a Halloween party in the middle of summer, I highly recommend it. Otherwise, no thanks.

Lastly, just a few days ago, I purchased what I hope will be my favorite so far, "Lilacism." Purple's my fave color, so it's a natural match. Essie's website describes this one as, "elegant and enchanting, this satiny smooth lilac whispers springtime." Springtime is long over here in New England, but I'm hoping it's just as capable as whispering "summer vacation."

Stay tuned for how this looks in "real life." I'm in the middle of 4th of July cooking (Happy 4th, by the way) and plan on treating myself later tonight by painting my toenails!

No comments:

Post a Comment