Friday, April 6, 2012

David vs. Goliath


The NCAA Division I Men's Hockey Championship (aka Frozen Four) is down to two -- the Ferris State University Bulldogs and the Boston College Eagles. Respectively, underdog vs. favorite, newbie vs. veteran, and David vs. Goliath.

Could these schools/programs be any more different?

Ferris State University
Big Rapids, MI
  • Public university
  • Endowment: $25.1 million
  • Yearly tuition: $10,440 (in-state), $15,660 (out-of-state)
  • Number of times in national championship game: 1 (including this one)
  • Number of players on current roster drafted by NHL: 0
Boston College
Chestnut Hill, MA
  • Private Jesuit institution
  • Endowment: $1.647 billion
  • Yearly tuition: $43,140
  • Number of times in national championship game: 11 (including this one)
  • Number of players on current roster drafted by NHL: 9
In my Frozen Four bracket, I have BC taking it all with Ferris State not even making it past the first round.

Who am I routing for now? David.

GO FERRIS BUELLER'S STATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment