Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Oldest Continuously Occupied European-Established City & Port In the Continental United States

What is St. Augustine, Florida?

Right-O!!!

Just got back from there because why? Because my parents moved there! I flew down last Friday to hang with my Mom while my handsome, smart, kind husband drove across the country with my Dad and two greyhounds in a Toyota RAV-4 (staying in posh accommodations, i.e., Motel 6). I am very very thankful that he did this and could help my parents out. Love you dearest. :)

Here are some photos from my brief visit:




Hibiscus in the alley behind my parents' rental house:






Oldest wood schoolhouse in the US:



Another view of the oldest wood schoolhouse in the US:



I have no clue what a redoubt is, but here it is:



Not only is St. Augustine a historic city, but it's also a college town! (Flagler College is a few blocks from my parents' rental)



And there was some drinking going on IN my parents' rental...I bought my Mom some new martini glasses and here's one filled with her evening Cosmo:




What vacation is complete without drinking AND shopping -- outlet shopping! My Mom went to Chico's for the first time and let's just say it was a success!




Once the guys arrived, I snapped some photogs of Artie & Ray-Ray.

Artwell chilling:



Raymundo chilling:



Arturo with his new blanket:



Raymander with his new blanket:



St. Augustine Beach







Last stop -- my parents' lot!





Can't wait to see the lot again once it's covered in the brand new beautiful house. Mom & Dad -- I hope you'll both be happy in Florida! We love you. :)

1 comment:

  1. Aw, so glad you were able to be with your mom whilst the boys and canine kids were on the road! And then to welcome the male clan back. ;) I can't wait to visit your 'rents in St. Augustine!! I would love to coordinate a time for all four of us to descend upon them simultaneously. ;)
    -Tiff

    ReplyDelete