Thursday, June 28, 2012

Twilight Zone Thursday

{one}: I had the weirdest dream this morning. Quite frankly, I've had A LOT of weird dreams lately, but this one was particularly vivid and odd.  I dreamt that I was speaking to students at the public high school in the small town in western Massachusetts that I grew up in. I was an adult, yet the kids I'd grown up with were high school age. I kept looking out in the audience and trying to recognize my childhood friends. My speech topic? Living in the "big city." I need to employ a full-time dream analyst.

{two}: Apologies to those on Facebook who've already seen this, but since my parents aren't on Facebook, I have to re-post here.

I had the day off and had taken my stepdaughter, G. to a doctor's appointment this morning. I came home, ate lunch, and then decided I'd go out to do some errands. I stopped at the mailbox on my way out and looked down to see this:


(And no, I'm not talking about the "past its prime" pedicure with Halloween-ish color.)

I put mismatched shoes on. Thank GOD I actually looked down and saw this before taking off to do my errands. As my Mom says, "my elevator was full" and I had a million things running through my mind when I stuck my feet in my closet to put on shoes. It didn't even cross my mind that they might not match.

{three}: Changing directions, I had a "good" Twilight Zone experience in HomeGoods. It's weird how I can just walk in and have a few different things in mind that I'm looking for and BAM! One is just sitting there on the shelf smack dab in front of me. (And it's cheap, too...can't get much better than that.) We have a ladder shelf in our living room that I've been trying to find something to go on the bottom for quite a while. Sage green/maroon are the main colors in the living room and so to find something that I think matches perfectly was truly Rod Sterling-esque. (Have I dated myself by dropping that name?)


It's a bad photo...light-wise and wires hanging in the back.

Oh, and now that I've taken the photo, all I keep thinking of when I see it is a game piece from Sorry. Yeah, this might be going back.... ::sigh::

{four}: Driving along the highway, minding my own business and I see this in front of me. Is this not irony at it's finest????



Another bad photo (what do you expect, since I shouldn't have been using my phone anyways while speeding along Route 495?)

In case you can't see it, let me paint the picture for you.

A flat bed tow truck is towing a green Lamborghini. OK, that in and of itself isn't that ironic.

License plate? PRENUP

I'm thinking the prenup wasn't necessary based on the the fact the Lamborghini is being towed away to its death. (OK, I made up the last part of that statement. I don't really know why it was being towed. It just made the story better.)


2 comments:

  1. i love the randomness of this post! when i saw that pic on fb, it took me a little while to figure out what was wrong! my elevator must be full to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg..the shoes! I so get that.. You crack me up..

    ReplyDelete