Saturday, March 10, 2012

50 States? 50 Blogs!: Arkansas




Confessions of a Cookbook Queen

I've been on a bit of a hiatus from the "50 States? 50 Blogs!" series. As Arizona was the last state I wrote about, naturally Arkansas comes next alphabetically (did I mention this blogger is a librarian with a slight case of OCD?). I searched long and hard for an Arkansas blog that I liked and wanted to write about, but never LOVED any that I found. Thanks to the best invention in most recent history (yes, Pinterest!), at long last I found one! Crazy, but it's ANOTHER cooking-related blog. This is crazy...this whole "relationship" that cooking and I are developing. First I subscribe to Cooking Light, then I actually start MAKING things from the magazine, then I buy an apron for assisting in holiday cooking, and now I'm profiling cooking blogs. Move over Julia Child (OK, well, don't move over in your grave, Julia.) Anywho, Kristan, the Cookbook Queen in the name of the aforementioned blog is HILARIOUS and has some great recipes!

Things that caught my eye about this blog:
  • Hilarity. Seriously. In the About Me section, Kristan says, "I live in rural Arkansas. But I mostly stay home and pretend that I’m in an apartment smack dab in the middle of New York City. It gets me by." Kind of like Lisa Douglas from the TV classic, "Green Acres!" (That show is one of my faves.)
  • She and I have a lot in common. Also from the About Me section, "I love watching questionable television, but I balance it out with lots and lots of books." Could be my twin! (I'll have to email her and get more details on said questionable tv shows."
  • Love love love the header with its whimsical font and cute pictures of cookbooks and cupcakes. (How alliterative.) She also has icons for following her on Pinterest, Twitter, etc... that are cooking-related and tres cute.
Things on this blog that I'd like for my blog:


  • The "Don't Miss a Post" feature. This probably is commonplace, but it's the first time I've noticed it on a blog and I like it! Readers can enter their email address and have the latest post emailed to them.
  • A footer. Yes, something as simple as a footer. My blog just goes off like an infinity pool. I'd like a footer.
Oh, and did I mention that there are scrumptious recipes for baked goods AND tasty beverages? Check.it.out.

No comments:

Post a Comment