Yes, that's right, you lose some. Tonight's dinner was an example of the latter. I love my Cooking Light magazines and now that school's over, I've been trying a few more things that catch my eye. From the Jan/Feb issue, I saw Enchilada Pie and thought that sounded good. Ehhh...not so much.
Not sure what went awry. The only minor thing that happened was that I was supposed to buy a small can of tomato sauce, but bought tomato paste instead. So, I figured I'd improvise (which is WAY out of my comfort zone in the kitchen). I searched the cabinets for pasta sauce only to find Vodka sauce. Eh...close enough. I don't *think* that was the ingredient that failed the recipe, but you never know.
It tasted OK, but just bland. The side of beans you see in the picture (which they don't give you the recipe for online) were actually OK. Dare I say better than the Enchilada Pie.
Hopefully there will be something yummier in the March issue!

No comments:
Post a Comment