Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cherry Crunch

Yum. That pretty much sums it up. This is another recipe from the little recipe notebook my Mom gave me (see here).

After making the American Chop Suey from the notebook, I started recalling some of the other recipes from my younger days. Cherry Crunch was one of them. I decided to give it a shot for Easter and it was a hit!

Cherry Crunch

1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. oats (I used "regular" ones vs. "quick" ones -- not sure if it matters)
1/2 t. salt
1 stick butter/margarine
1 c. firmly packed brown sugar (I think I used "light" -- again, not sure if it matters)
1/2 t. baking soda
1 1lb. 5 oz. can cherries

Preheast oven to 350. Combine flour, oats, salt, brown sugar & baking soda. Melt butter and add to dry mixture above. In a 9" square pan, press 1/2 of the mixture. Spread cherries on top, then sprinkle rest of the mixture on top. Bake 45-50 min.

2 comments:

  1. KT these look yummy! Pinning them now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am giving you notice that I plan to borrow this recipe as soon as its not hot and humid outside! :-)

    ReplyDelete