Sunday, June 3, 2012

Plethora O' Info

1. Thanks for those that weighed in on my running a 5K now or later. I've decided to wait until June 23rd to run my first one. That gives me almost three weeks to work on endurance/timing. I ran this morning for time -- 30 minutes (longest I 've gone as of yet) and was happy with that. It was a pretty gray day here in New England and I had the track to myself. (Well, me and dozen or so hurdles, which while I'm running I keep thinking to myself, "How does ANYONE jump over those?")




2. About 10 minutes ago I signed up for Weight Watchers. I had been gung ho about doing it for the past few weeks and then earlier today I started to think, "But I don't want to give up crab rangoons or onion rings." I forced myself to push past the negative thoughts and went grocery shopping and invested in quite a few Weight Watchers products. (I realize you don't "have" to eat their food, but I'm thinking until I get the hang of knowing how many points are for what foods, it will be handy.) I had to pick a goal weight and while I wanted to go to the maximum, I scaled it back to what I'm hoping is a more reasonable goal. I'll also go to my first meeting tomorrow as a member.

3. Yesterday my stepdaughter G. turned 25. Eek!!! It's hard to believe she was just 10 when I met her. She's come a long way in those 15 years. She went out to dinner with three friends (and her Mom, her Dad, and myself.) She had a great time and her friends seemed to have, also. (L to R: C., C., G., & R.)




4. Today would've been Max, our beloved Golden Retriever's 11th birthday. I hope he's as comfy now, wherever he is as he was in this photo. We love and miss you Dude.




5. Max shares his birthday with my Aunt Bev! (She's a Golden Retriever lover herself, so it's only fitting.) Even though we don't live close, we keep in touch via email and texts. Hope you had a great day, Bev!!!! (And we won't disclose what birthday it is for you. :)

6. I never wear dresses. I haven't bought a dress in I can't tell you how long...until a week or so ago, when I bought this one.



I have a little black shrug that goes with it (I'm so not ready for sleveless.) Another thing I never do is buy accessories to go with new outfits. I usually just wing it with what I've got. I felt moved, however, to get these.










3 comments:

  1. Love the dress! And the accessories! I bet it all looks great together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can give each other encouragement on WW. I myself am doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news about your C25K KT! I love that you're always setting goals and testing yourself. I'm so impressed.

    In other news, you're a genius with blog design. Help meeeeee!

    ReplyDelete