Today is Day 1 of Weight Watchers.
(Don't worry, I won't be doing a daily Weight Watchers check-in -- that would be hideously boring.)
It's just that since today is the first day and it's new, I want to document my thoughts.
(Maybe months from now I'll look back and feel a sense of accomplishment? One can only hope.)
Weight Watchers works on a PointsPlus program, which is based on the dieter's height, weight, and age. I get 26 points per day to spend as I like, although, there are guidelines/suggestions about eating certain numbers of fruits, vegetables, essential oils, dairy, protein. (This is the part that I think will be hardest for me...hitting all of these.)
Here's what I had today:
Breakfast:
- 1 serving Kashi Cinnamon Harvest cereal (5 pts.)
- 1 serving Lactaid fat-free milk (2 pts.)
- Grapes (0 pts.)
- Water (0 pts.)
- Smart Ones (Weight Watchers frozen food) Tuna Casserole (6 pts.)
- Salad with lettuce, radishes, cucumbers, tomatoes, mushrooms (0 pts.)
- 1 serving Newman's Light Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing (1 pt.)
- 1 serving/stick of 4C Light Cranberry Pomegranate drink mix (0 pts.)
- Water (0 pts.)
- Weight Watchers Carrot Cake (2 pts.)
- Grapes (0 pts.)
- Water (0 pts.)
- Carrots (0 pts.)
- 1 serving Dreamfield's pasta (5 pts.)
- 1 serving Hunt's tomato sauce (1 pt.)
- Mushrooms, basil, garlic (to add to sauce) (0 pts)
- 2 tsp. olive oil (to saute veggies in) (2 pts.)
- Salad with lettuce & cucumbers (0 pts.)
- 1 serving fat-free croutons (1 pt.)
- 1/2 serving Ken's Healthy Options Ranch dressing (1 pt.)
Yup, that's right. Yup, it's 7:45PM and guess what?
I'm.still.hungry.
Now, here's the deal. I have this additional 49 PointsPlus allowance per week that I can use as I'd like. However, it's the first day. So, in keeping with my perfectionist mindset, I believe I'll have some grapes in a short while and see how that goes. If my stomach is still feeling on the empty-ish side, I'll break out the 100 calorie pack cookies.
As an observation, I had the thought that I would have turkey sausage with my pasta to get my protein, but I totally flaked at the grocery store and didn't get it. So, not having protein could be the cause of not feeling full.
A tip I learned at today's meeting: The jar pasta sauces (Newman's, Prego, Ragu) are much less healthy than buying a can of plain Hunt's Tomato Sauce and then sauteing veggies (as I did) and adding those and spices in. I must say that the sauce wasn't bad. I actually winged it (wung it?) with amounts, etc.. (except the oil), which is totally not me, but I went for it and it worked out OK.

Good Luck!!
ReplyDeleteYou can do it! Don't be afraid to use your 49...that's what they are there for. Sounds like a pretty awesome day of eating. :-D
ReplyDelete